temp fix for blend doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > temp fix for blend doors?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
painted600rr
1999 WJ 

temp fix for blend doors?

my blend doors are f'ed and i dont have the money right now to buy a heatertreater. i drive about an hour in my jeep to and from work. was wondering if i could just cut behind the glove box and temporary flip the blend doors so that they just blow hot air all the time. im also assuming that i would have to remove the blend door motor as well if i can do this.

painted600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
painted600rr
1999 WJ 

i went ahead and did it anyways. i have heat! muahahha im so happpy!
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
CanadianZed-J
1999 WJ 

I did this to mine too, but only on the passenger side. Had I seen this thread sooner I would have posted a link to another where I posted a small write-up.

I drilled a hole inbetween the two doors, lifted the pass. door up then put a wood screw in it.

CZJ.

-'99 WJ Limited, 4.7, Patriot Blue, 2" BB, 31" Mall-Terrains, Pavement Princess
-'97 TJ, Stone White, 4" Superlift, 33" SSRs, lunchboxed rear, 12K Titan winch, and 2.5 litres of exhillirating performance.
CanadianZed-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
painted600rr
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZed-J View Post
I did this to mine too, but only on the passenger side. Had I seen this thread sooner I would have posted a link to another where I posted a small write-up.

I drilled a hole inbetween the two doors, lifted the pass. door up then put a wood screw in it.

CZJ.
thats gives me a good idea. thanks!
Unread 12-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

That is what I did to mine, but come to find out my hard to reach servo was stuck. After I cut the hole in the plastic I find this out, but at least I'm prepaired for a failure now
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Blktjsport
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't mean to hijack but it's relavant kinda anyways I would if this is my problem I have a 2001 wj Laredo with manual air and my passenger side doesn't get any air if it is the blend door are there any write ups on cutting the hole thanks in advance
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

If it's not blowing, then your resistor or a fuse may be blown. This fix is for when it only blows cold or hot. If you have manual control, you can probably pull the servo off behind the glovebox and try turning the flapper with your hand.
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
RaccoonJoe
1995 ZJ 

to OP:

What was your original problem? You had no heat at all, or just had no control over where the heat went? Also, what year is your beast?

Trying to diagnose/repair 95 ZJ. Selector is stuck on floor, and my heat is only lukewarm........No money for the heatertreater, and I've got to get this fixed before it gets too much colder.
Eagle Scout Jeep Club Member #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
Ill have an XJ please, with a side order of 4.0, hold the catalyctic converter and the 02 sensors, thank you.
RaccoonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.