Tearing the carpets out and lining the inside - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tearing the carpets out and lining the inside

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Tearing the carpets out and lining the inside

Hey everyone. Thinking of taking the carpet out of my ZJ and lining the inside. Anyone here with a ZJ, XJ, WJ or any other closed in SUV ever taken the carpets out and lined their interiors? Hows does this affect the heating, cooling and road noise you'd experience in the cabin? How does the lining affect each of these as well? Also, what's the best lining to use on a budget? Sorry for all the questions but my Jeep is my daily driver and I want to get as much info as I can on the subject. Thank you

95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
thetammon
1995 ZJ 

I'm planning on doing it to mine. Road noise will get louder, and I would assume it would be hotter/ colder. I was thinking of laying down dynamat or something similar then lining over that to help with noise and temp.

Sent from something using JeepForum
thetammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

I've not really noticed an increase in the noise, though it's reasonable to assume that the noise is louder. I ride with the windows down and MT's, so a slight uptick in noise is negligible to me. The floorboard is warmer over the trans tunnel, though not to the degree of burning, slightly warmer. The only downside I've had to doing this is that the lining is coming up in the drivers side floorboard where my feet rest after 2 years. I used Monstaliner, and was very diligent about my preps. I don't know if it's my preparations, product not meant to handle that much use, wrong application, or just product failure.

That being said, it's so much easier to go to the car wash and spray out the entire interior.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

I'm thinking of doing lizard skin liner for both sound and bedliner
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.