Taurus fan swap in 4.0? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Taurus fan swap in 4.0?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 03-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Taurus fan swap in 4.0?

I read a lot about the taurus swap so I went and got one, but I guess I might have missed one key thing....will it even fit in the 4.0 engine bay? Mine does not...Anyone got this to work before or any ways around it?

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

"Project Dirty Princess"
5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
redhatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Marcos
1993 ZJ 

Do you recall what the clearance issue was? I'm thinking of doing this, and it struck me that i might need to swap in an XJ water pump to gain some clearance (it stick out about 1/2" less). The only problem is, if I have to swap back, I will have to swap pumps again, as the XJ pump doesn't have provisions for fan mounting.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
zacjeff
1997 ZJ 

i put one in mine but i think it might be a different model taurus because it fit with no problems at all

"I say if your kid knows peanuts will kill him and he insists on stealing someone's p-butter sandwich, that's just darwin in action."
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
gomes512
1994 ZJ 

You will have do some trimming to the fan housing and I believe the water pump bolts will be awfully close or touching. Either cut/remove them and you should be able to squeeze it in there.
gomes512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
zacjeff
1997 ZJ 

yea on the fan i used the fan motor sits right below the water pump bolts so their not a problem

"I say if your kid knows peanuts will kill him and he insists on stealing someone's p-butter sandwich, that's just darwin in action."
Unread 08-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
neatus

I did this swap with a Taurus fan into my CJ. If your are good with a saw you can trim all around the shroud to make it a bit thinner and still make it look clean. I was going to use a double fan out of a Ford Contour due to them being much thinner than the Taurus fan but all the fans were missing from the Contours at my local junk yard. In any case the Contour fan might be one to look out for since they have a much slimmer profile. Make sure it is the double fan and not the single that are in some of the Contours/Mystiques.
neatus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.