Tachometer spike - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tachometer spike

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
dean477
1998 ZJ 

Tachometer spike

Hey guys, i tried a search with no luck. Occasionally my tach will spike up 500-1500k rpm with no change in the actually engine speed. It happens only for a moment and sometimes happens when going over a bump while accelerating(or maybe its just coincidence) but is not due to the tires spinning in any way.

If anyone has experienced this or has any help on the issue id really appreciate it. My pcm has the connector issue that causes a stall but i have had a good temporary fix for awhile, just adding that in incase it might be a known cause.

Thanks,
Dean

dean477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Gauge, crank sensor, wiring for crank sensor, or computer.
Start with the gauge calibration/test mode. Hold down the trip button on the cluster, turn the key from off to on to off to on to off then on and leave there. Gauges will all run through their motion when the trip button is released.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
dean477
1998 ZJ 

I will try that in a few minutes, I put in a new crank sensor about 6 months ago while trying to deal with stalling problems. It is Mopar.
dean477 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.