t-case swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > t-case swap

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
rustycherokee18
1998 ZJ 

t-case swap

So after wrecked my transfer case this weekend its time for a swap. So what do yall recommend on the case i should use????? and what needs to be done to use that case?

rustycherokee18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
BigItalianBeast
1999 WJ 

use the NV 242....http://jeephorizons.com/tech/tcase.html
OME Steering Stabilizer, FMS40,Pioneer 4900 DVD, 15% Tint, Subs
BigItalianBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

I'd use a 231, you don't have 4wd part time, but the case is stronger. Nothing needs to be done, only installing it and hooking up the linkages.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
rustycherokee18
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticrombie
I'd use a 231, you don't have 4wd part time, but the case is stronger. Nothing needs to be done, only installing it and hooking up the linkages.
Do i need an SYE or nething on this t-case. I actually have one in my garage. So what do i need? What should i do or check over on the donor case before i put it in??
rustycherokee18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
Trouble Maker

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticrombie
Actually with the 231 you don't have 4wd fulltime.

93 ZJ Stolen and wrecked Mar29/08
Trouble Maker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Maker
Actually with the 231 you don't have 4wd fulltime.

Ah, thats what I meant. I do several things at once when I'm on here.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
jfowlzj95
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycherokee18
Do i need an SYE or nething on this t-case. I actually have one in my garage. So what do i need? What should i do or check over on the donor case before i put it in??
Wont need an SYE if your rear driveshaft still has the slip yoke, wouldnt hurt to put one in but then you will also have to extend your rear shaft some. Just make sure your donor case is 23 spline and once you pull your current case make sure the input gears are the same lengths, if not swap them.
jfowlzj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.