t-case/drive chain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > t-case/drive chain

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 05-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
dreadsNropes
1993 ZJ 

t-case/drive chain

ok so this will be my first time working on a t-case. im pretty auto smart so i don't think i willl have much of a problem.
the thing is........ almost positive my drive chain has stretched, i plan to take out the t-case and replace the chain given there are no other problems.
what im wondering is, from ppl that have done this before/know how its done, what should i look for and where will my problem areas be. is there anything i should know. like i said pretty sure i can do this, just my first time and not sure what im getting into

dreadsNropes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

when you put it back together, make sure the oil pickup tube is seating in the pump. if its not, youll never know it, but then 5k miles down the road, the tcase will be junk
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
dreadsNropes
1993 ZJ 

oh and what should i use for new seals, RTV? are there any specifics i should know about dropping/opening/while inside the t-case i should keep an eye out for
dreadsNropes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

i used RTV when i did mine. hasnt leaked a drop. a transmission jack helps alot when pulling and reinstalling the tcase. its heavy lol. if you dont have or cant get a trans jack, a strong buddy is definately necessary.

Tags
rebuild , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.