Sway Bar Question Please Help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sway Bar Question Please Help

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #16
jdubbs107
1995 ZJ 

he was being sarcastic to bust my chestnuts.

you should buy a second haines though.

jdubbs107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

It is an r & R. I jsut did it on a 97 ZJ.
The addco bar had everything needed to convert the upper links, (which you probably already have since you have qd's) and everything went into the factory positions.

Did I just repeat myself......?
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #18
table
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
Make sure you grease the poly bushings though, as they squeek a lot.
x1000. holy god it's annoying.
Unread 05-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
jdubbs107
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl95mustang View Post
Go with addaco. And the main question was what should he replace it with. Not how to install it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by busemans View Post
yes sir, that is the main question
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
swaybar is an EZ off, EZ on job.
Quote:
It is an r & R. I jsut did it on a 97 ZJ.
The addco bar had everything needed to convert the upper links, (which you probably already have since you have qd's) and everything went into the factory positions.

Did I just repeat myself......?

i know you know it's r&r, but buseman was asking
Unread 05-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #20
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

i just put my front addco on tonight. BIG improvement
iv also got the rear one, but definitely suggest getting the front one first. search ebay, 165 shipped
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #21
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

I recently replaced my end links and frame bushings on my 95 orvis , frt , and rear , I thought it was a major improvement over the old ones and brought my ride and handling back to "normal" , and I`m lifted 4.5" . Not sure what you did to bend your sway bar , but I`d swap it out for the older 93-5 style w/o the ball joint style end links that aren`t prone to breaking . It`s cheap , doesn`t squeak , requires no maintenence and very easy swap . I`ve read lots about the Addco bars , I`m sure they are great , in fact , I was about to order some until I tried replacing the bushings and end links on the factory bars . Now , I just don`t see them making enough improvment to me to warrant the 300+ i`d have to spent . I really have no issues with the stock set-up , most likely just needs to be freshened up like anything that old . You asked for opinions , thats my

Added: John , you got your post in while I was writing , just a question , were your bushings and end links worn out . I ask because , I`m still interested in Addcos , but wondering if anyone had a fresh stock set-up before switching for a real good comparison
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

The addco makes cornering so tight that you'd think you are driving a sports car...

Kidding aside, it reduces body roll so much compared to the stock ones, that it is well worth it.
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #23
jdubbs107
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
The addco makes cornering so tight that you'd think you are driving a sports car...

Kidding aside, it reduces body roll so much compared to the stock ones, that it is well worth it.
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
ahh yes, the senior citizens
Unread 05-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #24
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thank you everyone for all your help!!!
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.