sway bar??????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > sway bar???????

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
jojo928
1998 ZJ 

sway bar???????

For some reason my front sway bar endlinks are rubbing on the passenger side of the drag link..I don't know if they sent me the wrong endlinks or what,but my question is if i remove the endlinks will I feel a difference in ride..its my daily driver so I was wondering if I can get away with removing them without any problems..thanks

jojo928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
TallyZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo928 View Post
For some reason my front sway bar endlinks are rubbing on the passenger side of the drag link..I don't know if they sent me the wrong endlinks or what,but my question is if i remove the endlinks will I feel a difference in ride..its my daily driver so I was wondering if I can get away with removing them without any problems..thanks
Yes, you will feel a lot of difference. A lot more sway side to side on turns, in windy conditions and curves. You will also possibly get lots more steering "wander" as you drive.

Give more details. What end links do you have? Are you lifted? Have you replaced any control arms? Post a pic of the area of contact if possible.
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
jojo928
1998 ZJ 

I got the zone offraod endlinks ,I got them from fat bobs...yes control arms are adjustable..6 inch lift.no pics I don't have a camera
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
melk
1996 ZJ 

New links?

Did you install them facing in the right direction?

Here's a pic of mine when I installed new bushings. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't lining up :P

melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
TallyZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I got the zone offraod endlinks ,I got them from fat bobs...yes control arms are adjustable..6 inch lift.no pics I don't have a camera
Installed incorrectly, wrong end links or your axle is too far forward. What is the length on your lower control arms?
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
jojo928
1998 ZJ 

I'm pretty sure I did put them on right..but mine are not bent like urs there slanted..and I have no idea on the length of my arms
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
TallyZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I did put them on right..but mine are not bent like urs there slanted..and I have no idea on the length of my arms
They either have to be bent like those above or they should come with new pins where they mount to the axle so that they line up with the anti-sway bar when installed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.