sway bar??????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > sway bar???????

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Reply
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
jojo928
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 10
sway bar???????

For some reason my front sway bar endlinks are rubbing on the passenger side of the drag link..I don't know if they sent me the wrong endlinks or what,but my question is if i remove the endlinks will I feel a difference in ride..its my daily driver so I was wondering if I can get away with removing them without any problems..thanks

jojo928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
TallyZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo928 View Post
For some reason my front sway bar endlinks are rubbing on the passenger side of the drag link..I don't know if they sent me the wrong endlinks or what,but my question is if i remove the endlinks will I feel a difference in ride..its my daily driver so I was wondering if I can get away with removing them without any problems..thanks
Yes, you will feel a lot of difference. A lot more sway side to side on turns, in windy conditions and curves. You will also possibly get lots more steering "wander" as you drive.

Give more details. What end links do you have? Are you lifted? Have you replaced any control arms? Post a pic of the area of contact if possible.
__________________
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - 4.0L
Capital City Jeepers
Build Thread Here
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
jojo928
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 10
I got the zone offraod endlinks ,I got them from fat bobs...yes control arms are adjustable..6 inch lift.no pics I don't have a camera
jojo928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
melk
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,891
New links?

Did you install them facing in the right direction?

Here's a pic of mine when I installed new bushings. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't lining up :P

melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
TallyZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo928 View Post
I got the zone offraod endlinks ,I got them from fat bobs...yes control arms are adjustable..6 inch lift.no pics I don't have a camera
Installed incorrectly, wrong end links or your axle is too far forward. What is the length on your lower control arms?
__________________
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - 4.0L
Capital City Jeepers
Build Thread Here
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
jojo928
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 10
I'm pretty sure I did put them on right..but mine are not bent like urs there slanted..and I have no idea on the length of my arms
jojo928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
TallyZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo928 View Post
I'm pretty sure I did put them on right..but mine are not bent like urs there slanted..and I have no idea on the length of my arms
They either have to be bent like those above or they should come with new pins where they mount to the axle so that they line up with the anti-sway bar when installed.
__________________
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - 4.0L
Capital City Jeepers
Build Thread Here
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.