swapping a grand cherokee rearend for a cherokee dana 44 is it strait bolt in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > swapping a grand cherokee rearend for a cherokee dana 44 is it strait bolt in

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
kojak70
1989 YJ Wrangler 

swapping a grand cherokee rearend for a cherokee dana 44 is it strait bolt in

my motor in my jeep wrangler that i drive now just went out so i found a grand cherokee that i can get really cheap but it needs a rearend i have a dana 44 that came out of a cherokee will it bolt straight up to the grand cherokee.

kojak70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

so your looking to swap in a Cherokee d44 into the rear of your...wj? zj? there will be modifications involved. Cherokees used leaf springs, grands use coil springs, that's just the basics, then you will either need to weld on a rear track bar mount and control arm mounts if its a zj, or a stock 3 link setup and LCA mounts if its a wj. what year is your grand? just get a rear end out of a similar jeep. less of a headache and cheaper.
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

You'd need to weld on brackets. And be sure to get the right gear ratio.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.