Suspension groan. CA bushings? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Suspension groan. CA bushings?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

Suspension groan. CA bushings?

Ever since I had a new control arm bracket welded on and new balljoint sway bar links put on, I have been getting a moaning/squeaking that sounds like rubber everything I go over a bump or something and the suspension moves. And around corners sometimes. I figured it was the new sway bar link ball joints wearing it, but then it hit me yesterday that the shop could have tightened the control arms in the air. Would that make this sound? I know the CA bushings aren't in great shape, but this noise was non existent until after the shop worked on it.

Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Were the sway bar links greased when they were installed ?
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermack View Post
Were the sway bar links greased when they were installed ?
Im not sure. I didn't do the work. The ball joints have a boot so I'm guessing there is some grease in there. But I doubt that they were additionally.
Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.