Surco safari roof rack fitment questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Surco safari roof rack fitment questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
ian_red-zj
1998 ZJ 

Surco safari roof rack fitment questions

I'm looking at a surco safari roof rack on craigslist. it's 45" wide x 50" front-to-back and about 5.5" deep. tried to look it up online but couldn't find a clear answer. will this fit a zj or not? thanks

ian_red-zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Define fit. Do you mean size-wise? Or do any brackets exist for adapting to factory/aftermarket cross bars? For the former question, break out your tape measure. For the latter call Surco.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
dougmorgan99
1998 ZJ 

Yup, it will definitely fit for I have the same size I bought from a guy off Craig's List. You will need the Surco J100 adapters for a 1998 5.2 or 4.0. These brackets will not fit a 1998 5.9 for the rails are different for this model/year and are lower profile. The good thing is if you plan on using your factory crossbars to mount lights, it will be the correct spacing to still fit the front and rear crossbars and the Surco rack. The only thing I do not like about Surco is they a very proud of their adapters, hence why I mounted my lights on my crossbar versus using their adapters. I spent $85 for part #1108 (Hi-Lift Carrier) and $85 for the J100 adapters. And will need to spend another $85 for the shovel and axe carrier... you see where this is going.

I see Amazon has them for about $20 cheaper...
http://www.amazon.com/Surco-J100-Roo.../dp/B000OAXM2E
img_0916.jpg   img_0502.jpg  
dougmorgan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.