super low MPG problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > super low MPG problem

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
dazhi888

super low MPG problem

10 MPG local
12 MPG Highway
8.0 MPG life time average

I own a 93 GC I6 4.0, 152,000 Mile for 6 month.
6 month ago I replace new catalytic converter and distributor cape, I did engine flush, I changed 3 Gear box fluid.
I change oil and clean fuel injector every 3 month.
I change air filter last month.
I check oil and tire pressure every week.
The engine noise is normal. Engine idle speed is about 600.

But the MPG still very low, 20 gallons only run 200 Mile
What I should do? replace spark plugs or O2 sensors?

What's the MPG of your 93 GC I6?

Last edited by dazhi888; 03-11-2003 at 02:53 PM..
dazhi888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
scubatch2

Good god .I only get an average of 11mpg,but thats on a 5.2.I thought a 6 would be atleast 15-17.Are you really hard on the gas.good luck. p.s you might want to have a shop run it on the computer to see what code's pop up.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
KillerZJ

from what i have read and heard, the I6 gets worse than the V8, but the I6 would have a hard time getting 17 mpg...i would love it. i have a I6 and the mpg is crappy, but 10? theres got to be something...

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2003, 08:18 PM   #4
Intrepidjeep

How does that math work out, by the way? 10 local, 12 highway, 8 average???

Anyway, mine gets 20-21 highway, 16.x around town. Maybe 15.x if it was heavy stop-and-go all week, especially a lot of idling.

If you do a lot of idling the mileage will drop fast. A heavy foot will also give you poor mileage.

The six (normal healthy ones with normal healthy mpg) gives better fuel economy than the V8 but only by 1 or 2 mpg.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2003, 02:23 AM   #5
Slightly_Off

the gas isue is why my GC is now for sale, 11 mpg to school and work is not working out, bye bye heep of a jeep, hello subaru? And insureance is a bit high for me on the GC.
Slightly_Off is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #6
demtjcj

i have a 93 GC limited with full time 4wd and i am averaging 17.1 mpg. it has that option where it tells me the mpg. this is mostly city. change your plugs, wires, fuel filter. this will help.

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.