Stupid but quick question! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stupid but quick question!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 07-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Stupid but quick question!

okay i need new wheel bearings in the front on a 97 ZJ... it has the CV shafts and from what i can tell i have expensive hub/bearing units... are there any bearings/seals in the axle tube? i know there are seals in the diff but are there any bearings/seals between the diff housing and the edge of the axle tube?

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
Turbonut

There is the oil seal down inside the axle tube near the diff. The diff needs to be removed to access those seals, so if itís not leaking, don't worry about the replacement.
There was someone that replaced the seal without removing the diff, but not certain as to where I saw the info.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.