Stuck the Jeep, Girlfriend Laughed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stuck the Jeep, Girlfriend Laughed

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Stuck the Jeep, Girlfriend Laughed

Got my ZJ stuck for the first time today. Its bone stock for now, but usually I am pretty good at knowing what she can handle and what she can't. My girlfriend and I went out to the local wheeling spot, she in her 04 Wrangler, me in my 96 ZJ. Well, trying to show off, I got it stuck, and we had to use her Wrangler to pull it free. Its basically a bunch of "moguls" as its where a construction company keeps dumping piles of dirt. Needless to say, they are very soft piles, and trying to maneuver the spot between about 4 of them I got the ZJ beached on the rockers. My brilliant "floor it and hope for the best in forward and reverse" method failed me, as it just dug a nice hole around the tires that were spinning. Also, yes, in those pictures, that is dirt flung up on the hood and roof, and yes, the windows were all down, and yes, I got about a shovel full of dirt on the front and back seat on the passenger side. My girlfriend just thought that it was the funniest thing that we had to use her Jeep to pull me out. Even though I did all the pulling while she steered my ZJ. Sorry about the pic quality, they were taken on a cell phone.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #2
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

oh the old high centered stuckness...at least you followed rule # 1 to wheelin' always have an extra 4X4 to go with you. Looked like fun, well except for the getting stuck part.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
mr_user

Sweet deal man,

that just SCREAMS illegal though!

Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Yeah it was a lot of fun, right up to when I got it stuck. I had to get my tow straps out of the back, well, the back hatch is part of the whole "unibody" thing, so it wouldn't open because it was stressed, finally I got it to, and what do you know? It wouldn't close again, so the whole time I was rescuing it, I had the back hatch open, fortunately, once on flat land again, it shut just fine.

I live in a pretty small town with only 4000 people. Things are a little more laid back around here, usually, if you are somewhere you aren't supposed to be, and someone actually cares enough to say something to you, its just a "hey, can you do that someplace else?" Ahh the comforts of a small town. That and having to drive 15 darn miles to the nearest anything.

Unread 05-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #5
Krawlfish

oh yea.. high centered sucks.. i got stuck like that pretty bad out one day fishing by myself.. one of those scattered rain days.. and it just had to start coming down when i got stuck.. there was only one tree around.. and it was so small im suprised i didnt rip it out by using my come-a-long.. i had to use it to put tension from the back and then try to back up a lil. .then get out and crank it.. and then get back in.. and so on and finally worked myself free.. it was fun though.. thank god for a come a long..
Krawlfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
i have 5 jeeps

sorry about the quality of the pics??? ... those are probly the best inlarged cell phone pics i have ever seen. what phone do you have?
2000 Chevy 1500 LS Suburban. V8 4x2 95k miles (grey)
2004 Nissian Frontier XE. I-4 4x2. 3000 miles (white)
2004 Ford f-150. V8. 4x4. 12000 miles (dark blue)
i have 5 jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #7
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlfish
oh yea.. high centered sucks.. i got stuck like that pretty bad out one day fishing by myself.. one of those scattered rain days.. and it just had to start coming down when i got stuck.. there was only one tree around.. and it was so small im suprised i didnt rip it out by using my come-a-long.. i had to use it to put tension from the back and then try to back up a lil. .then get out and crank it.. and then get back in.. and so on and finally worked myself free.. it was fun though.. thank god for a come a long..

Bent one of those trying to get a 72 bronco on 35's stuck to the doors w/ my uncle after fishing, they released the pumps at the pump house and the water backed up. Talk about a long day, ended up walking 3 miles to get an old guy with a tractor to get it out.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #8
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have 5 jeeps
sorry about the quality of the pics??? ... those are probly the best inlarged cell phone pics i have ever seen. what phone do you have?
Verizon wireless Samsung SCH-A670, relatively cheap phone too. Also does video.

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #9
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Funny thing about the whole situation that I forgot to mention. In order to pull my ZJ out, I had to drive her TJ up a hill that I already tried and couldn't get my ZJ up earlier. That was the only way I could get behind mine to yank it out. She just thought it was great that her Wrangler can go places that my Grand Cherokee can't go.......yet that is.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.