struggling ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > struggling !

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
BOILERMAKER667
1994 XJ Cherokee 

struggling !

my 94 grand cherokee larado has seen its better days, iv decided to fix ALL the probs, and have done alot of work to it over the past 6 months, replaced/fixed transmission, transfer case, alt, battery, injectors, computer, brakes, shocks, rotors, idle pos sen. The problem i cant seem to find a cure for is......jeep will start and idle fine. will run perfectly up to 3000rpm then it sputters. lack of power. im stumped. im not a certified mech but i can figure out most everything...but not this time.....HELP PLEASE....

BOILERMAKER667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
kc8ztw
1993 ZJ 

could be a fuel issue. get a fuel pressure gauge and hook to inspection value on fuel rail and watch your pressures.
is this 3000 rpms under load (like while driving) or in park/neutral?
kc8ztw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

I would agree that it sounds like a fuel problem. Have you replaced the fuel filter/fuel pump?
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
BOILERMAKER667
1994 XJ Cherokee 

at idle it dont seem to do it, never really reved it up hard. yes, it does it under normal driving conditions. i havnt changed anything on the fuel system yet.
BOILERMAKER667 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.