Stock Tow Hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stock Tow Hooks

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Stock Tow Hooks

I bought some stock tow hooks awhile back and when i got the package one of the hooks pierced the package and i lost some bolts and nuts. I have some of them but i know i don't have them all. Anyone have a list of bolts needed? Thanks!

Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Same thing happened to mine...

Pic of what I received... right side is complete.

Retainer clips can be added during installation...

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

IIRC, it's 6 bolts. 4 on the bracket, the back of the bracket has nutserts (nuts are welded on). Then 2 more bolts/nuts for the front. So, 6 bolts per side.

^the pics help! I forgot about the front two being on a bracket (of sorts) as well.
zarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Haha! I'm missing the same ones.... Makes it a lot easier to just go get the correct **** and get it done. Thanks
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
JohnC7
1997 ZJ 

If you can find the thread and size just got to a fastenal (we have them in Canada) and how them what you need, I believe it's a grade 8 bolt but I can't seem to find the actual size and thread.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
JohnC7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.