Stock Security drains battery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stock Security drains battery

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
BorderWalker
2004 WJ 

Stock Security drains battery

I have a friend with a 95 Laredo, who recently mentioned that he has been having issues where the security system in his jeep, which is stock, has been draining the battery and not letting hims start the car, constantly requiring a jump anytime he needs to go to work. I can't fathom what would cause it, but wanted to see if any of you might know? If more info is required I can get it from him. Hopefully a cheap and easy fix, as he had been planning to go to an event in a few months and was saving up for, and using the money to fix his jeep would bum him out.

BorderWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

If the battery is a few years old that could be the issue. When I got mine it had a dying battery in it that would die overnight. Now I have a new battery and it sits for days at a time with no issues.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.