still having problems starting the WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > still having problems starting the WJ

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
metalgod

still having problems starting the WJ

For about 2 1/2 months now been having this problem with my jeep. It will almost never start on the first try but usually starts no problem on the second try. Occasionally it will start on the first try but the engine struggles to start at first when it does. However if the engine is hot this problem seems non existant. I went to a shop the other day and explained the problem and was told it could be alot of things. Ex: fuel filter, fuel pump, exhaust problem...etc. I dont exactly want to pay for 2 or 3 parts before they narrow it down to the problem. Even with this problem the engine light is not on therefore there is no code to check. Any ideas on what I should do?

metalgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
cmonson

If it were mine, I would just live with it. When it stops starting on the 2nd or 3rd time, the bring it in.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
nierace
2003 WJ 

Did you change the plugs in it yet ? How many miles are on it ?
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
metalgod

Plugs have not been changed. It has 33k on it.
metalgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.