Stereo replacement question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stereo replacement question

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
ravinsaend
1997 ZJ 

Stereo replacement question

Something I've been curious about since I found out my cd player only plays store bought discs and I prefer to leave those at home.....
Is there a cd player/stereo that will play burned discs(pref mp3 discs but burned audio discs would be better than scratching my originals up)will fit directly (and still set my VIC clock, etc.) maybe from a newer jeep or something? Or even one without the extras that'd play burned discs without having to modify my dash?

almost forgot to mention I've got a 1997 limited with the infinti gold system, not sure if other models have diff dash panels or anything

ravinsaend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
tcanthonyii

It should play them. You're probably burning them wrong. I had a player Years ago that I had to do something different with to get them to play.

Your best bet is to get an iPod. You'll actually spend less money in the long run.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
JeeperV8
1996 ZJ 

Or you could just spend the $15 and put in the dash mount for a much better cd/mp3/ipod/aux...ect. After market Stereo
JeeperV8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.