Stereo install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stereo install

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
willard9
2009 JK Wrangler 

Stereo install

I'm installing a new stereo into my 97 zj with infinity sound and have it all hooked up with a harness adapter but there is a 2 wire connector from the factory harness that doesn't attach to anywhere on the aftermarket harness or deck. The wires are white/black and purple and there are those same colors on the factory am so I'm wondering if they are the same.

Unread 05-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willard9 View Post
I'm installing a new stereo into my 97 zj with infinity sound and have it all hooked up with a harness adapter but there is a 2 wire connector from the factory harness that doesn't attach to anywhere on the aftermarket harness or deck. The wires are white/black and purple and there are those same colors on the factory am so I'm wondering if they are the same.
IIRC, that's for the steering wheel controls? I just left it stand alone. My headunit works wonders.
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

i think thats the steering wheel controls
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Radio switches are read by BCM. BCM communicates settings with radio over CCD bus on WT/BK and VT/BR wires.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
willard9
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ok thanks for the help. I figured out my problem, for some reason I had to connect the power antenna wire to the remote turn on. But it all works now

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.