Steering Wheel Covered by Warranty?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering Wheel Covered by Warranty??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-02-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
Wolfpack97

Steering Wheel Covered by Warranty??

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but if the leather on the steering wheel starts to peel, is it covered by the 3yr-36k mile warranty? Or is it considered general wear? My steering wheel leather is beginning to chip (almost to the point of peeling) and if it is covered by the warranty I would like to get it fixed. I only have 2K more miles before my warranty runs out.

This happened to my TJ after the warranty ran out, so I know it will start peeling ALOT before long.

Any comments or experiences with this situation would be great!!:yup:

Thanks for the help

03 Toyota Sequioa 4x4: Loaded with all options but basically stock. This is the family hauler.......Miss the WJ but we need more room....
Wolfpack97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 07:27 AM   #2
Intrepidjeep

That absolutely should be covered under the 3/36 warranty.

If it turns out that it's not, then immediately get a nice leather steering wheel cover to put over it to stop the wear. Covers are about $10 and look great. Nice thing about them is that they are thicker, giving you a more comfortable grip on the wheel and are not so hot in the summer nor so cold in the winter.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 07:51 AM   #3
Wolfpack97

Thanks for the help!!!!

03 Toyota Sequioa 4x4: Loaded with all options but basically stock. This is the family hauler.......Miss the WJ but we need more room....
Wolfpack97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 01:50 PM   #4
Intrepidjeep

Another point I didn't mention is that some of the covers with perforated leather and the spiral lacing actually make the steering wheel easier and more confidence-inspiring to operate. You may have noticed, especially in cold weather, that the stock steering wheel can be a little "slippery".

It's something that you don't really notice until you do get a good cover on the wheel -- really is a nice add-on.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.