Steering upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering upgrade

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 11-25-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
TXJeepster

Steering upgrade

I have been having the WORST!!! case of Death Wobble for nearly a year. I cannot drive my 97' faster than 55 mph. If I hit an uneven spot in the road or a bump at a speed higher then 55 my ZJ goes freaking balistic.. I have replaced/repaired ( in order ) the steering alinment, steering gearbox, lower controll arms, trackbar, shocks, steering stabilizer, and finally the tires. Nothing has fixed the problem totally. I am still planning to replace the upper controll arms and I thought that replacing the steering "Y" design tie rods with the wheel to wheel system might be helpful-

Facts - I drive my Jeep on the road 99% of the time. It has a 3.5 inch super ride life w/ BFG All Season Tires- Very nice driving tires. I have had all fixes completed by reputable shops - none can seem to diagnos the problem.

Does anyone have a recomendation for the steering upgrades via. beefy gearbox, tire to tire tierods, etc. or possible fixes??

I know this is a redundant issue but I am wondering if any good feedback is avalible for the tire to tire tie rod system?

Thanks very much

TX jeepster

Last edited by TXJeepster; 11-25-2003 at 04:12 PM..
TXJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.