Steering Stabilizer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering Stabilizer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
YERFDOG
1998 ZJ 

Steering Stabilizer

Hey,

I am planning on getting a new steering stabilizer. I was wondering if someone could tell me the best one to go with?

Thanks,
Eric

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

YERFDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
3xX
1994 ZJ 

I've got the Rancho SS. Thing works like it should. Got rid of a little bump steer I had when I installed my 2" BB a few years back. Still running it today on my 3.5" lift that I recently installed.

Another SS that people rave about is the OME SS. I don't have any experience with it, but it's suppose to be pretty beefy as well.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
YERFDOG
1998 ZJ 

Thanks for replying. I'm thinking about doing a 3.5'' lift in the future. Could you show me some pics of your Jeep? Also I noticed your from Nor Cal. I live in the Bay Area.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
3xX
1994 ZJ 

Go for it man! I love my rig, especially since I take it to Tahoe all the time. BTW I live in Dublin, about 30 miles east of Oakland.

2"BB

3.5" IRO
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

Old Man Emu ( OME ) is known as the best.... but its a SS ... get any of them and they will work just fine .... IMHO its a waste of money to spend $80 on the "better" steering stabilizer instead of 20 for a rancho or tenneco
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

I got mine at CarQuest. The biggest they had, I think it was $35 or so. Works fine for me. My kids love the blue boot that came with it too. They play with it all the time. I didn't see the point in putting it on.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I got a Rancho from Kolak but still have yet to put it on. Someday I'll have time...Someday. I think it was like $49 shipped, maybe $59. I can't remember.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
YERFDOG
1998 ZJ 

My dad asked a guy at work about the stabilizers and it turns out he's gonna give me a Dual Rancho stabilizer (brand new). He bought it for a truck but never installed. Will this fit? Can ZJ's go dual stabilizers? Sorry I'm a NOOB
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
3xX
1994 ZJ 

I believe it's possible to run dual SS. It's overkill, but you do own a Jeep so that negates that. It's commonly for full size pickups. You would need to check the mounting hardware. Your best bet would be to call Rancho and ask them. You might even be able to split up the dual SS and just install one directly.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.