steering problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > steering problems

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-28-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
Trail Rider 95

steering problems

Ok, every time I put my Jeep into Part-time 4x4 the steering wheel jerks, and the car is undriveable when it is in part time, and a short time after it is taken out of part-time. It doesnt do this when it is in full time, or Hi 4x4. What could be the problem? It just started.

Trail Rider 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2002, 11:21 AM   #2
fitzer

Does the wheel jerk while turning, even just slightly? Part-time 4WD is not meant for use on paved roads due to the way it functions. In part-time, when you turn, the system senses wheel slippage due to the dynamics of a turn and attempts to engage the 4WD during the turn - this is why you get a jerky feeling.

Pavement = 2WD or Full-Time 4WD
Off road = Part-Time 4WD and 4WD Low

Peace....
Unread 03-01-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Trail Rider 95

Thanks a lot. I was really affraid that I was ganna have to pay to get something fixed. I dont want that.
Trail Rider 95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.