Steering problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering problem

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
DTrem08
1996 ZJ 

Steering problem

So I went offroading today and got stuck in mud, ended up sinking to about the top of my tires. A friend towed me out with his f350, using a chain. Im not sure what he hooked it up to as I have no recovery points, but it was on the drivers side. When I was driving home, I noticed that I was getting death wobble when I hit 45-50mph....what do I do to fix this. My 96 ZJ is stock, no lift so I have no clue.

**KOR Radiator Support, IRO 3.5" lift, 31/10.5/15" Maxxis Bighorns on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, KOR Light Bar, 4 Black KC HiLites, Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown/no tailpipe, OME Steering Stabilizer, Black KOR square rock sliders
**If youve seen it around CT or know about it, PM me
DTrem08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
wheelNC93

I think you might just have alot of mud built up in your tires. Sometimes when you go in deep mud it will cake to the inside and cause bad DW because they are out of balance.
wheelNC93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

Death wobble is more commonly caused by a variety of things out of spec mostly in the front end.
I doubt that it is being caused from the rear end unless ypu have a busted shock or sway bar end link.
I second the mud on the tires, and it being only the beginning of it, as it is usually a sign of worn out parts like track bar bushings, or the like.
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.