Steering column issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering column issues

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Steering column issues

Alright, I just finished up swapping out my heater core and got everything back together. The good news is I only have one bolt and a couple of trim screws that didn't find their way home.

However the bad news is that I now have a considerable amount of up and down play in my steering column. It appears the movement is coming from the area where the column passes through the firewall. I have also noticed that I can see daylight in that area as well.

Any ideas?

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

After a little more searching around, it appears that maybe my steering column mounting plate is bad. The rubber seal looks like it separated from the plate.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
juanWJ
2001 WJ 

Same Issue with my WJ

Wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this. I have the same issue and had my heater core replaced by a local mechanic as well.
juanWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.