stealerships and dealerwhips... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > stealerships and dealerwhips...

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #1
gbgary

stealerships and dealerwhips...

had a power steering hose break the other day, on my way to oklahoma, near a jeep dealership in mckinney tx. named el dorado chrysler/jeep. in all my years and all my cars and trucks, this is the first negative experience i've ever had with a dealership. this is supposed to be a 5-star dealership and as for the customer service there it can be decribed in one word...it SUCKS!! the hose wasn't covered by the warranty because in their words "because you installed the heat-shield (for the fipk) and ran a wire for your driving lights, in the area of the hose, you must have bent that steel line that's attacthed to the hose that kinked and eventually broke." if that wasn't enough they ignored my repeated request to fix a brake line that was leaking in the rear. so i had a 5 day A$$-whippin from the dealerwhip and they truely stole my money in the gize of "taking care of the customer and DC." $200 for a $10 hose that should have been covered under the warranty. 12,000 miles on a 15 month old wj.

THANKS, EL DORADO, I WON'T FORGET IT.

BTW: MOPARMAN of JU (and maybe here), a Jeep shop foreman, anticipates a tsb or recall on this matter. it's the small return line on the steering box (mechanical connection on one end and hose clamp on the other). TAKE A LOOK AT YOURS.

street jeep and ranger pics...
gbgary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 09:41 AM   #2
JeepGuyRyan

As far as vehicle sales go, I've been screwed around by one too many dealerships, I refuse to do that kind of business with any of them, even if that means I can't buy new. About the only time I am there is to get parts.
Unread 09-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #3
JeepGuyRyan

and that 5 star nonsense doesn't mean crap. At least around here.
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:54 PM   #4
FutureZJOwner

Most 5-stars here mean nothing as well. Luckily, High Point Jeep is a great 5-star dealer, we needed a tune up bad and they even suggested we do it...
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.