The Steaks ZJ Build&Repair thread
*********************** From PAGE 1~~~ COMPLETE AND UP TO DATE! ***********************Ok, I realize that I've posted a few threads and NOT started my Build thread.
Started out with my sisters' old 93 ZJ COMPLETELY STOCK, and only ever had oil changes, tires, and gas put in.(Interior WAS taken Good care of though)
4.0L Engine, 42RE Trans, etc...
What the PLANS are:
- 7" IRO Premium Long Arm Kit
- LOCK Both Axles(Prolly Air)
- LED Lights(1000' in180 deg of Drivers seat, AND GoLight for the ROOF that rotates and adjusts for rearward lighting.
- Front Bumper(Tomken - With 2"Reciever AND D-Ring Mounts)
- Rear Bumper("HERE"...To Match Front ~
2" Reciever IN BUMPER!)
- Axles(When OEM BREAKS)
- Gears(When OEM Breaks)
- Transmission(When it dies)
- Relocate ALL Breather vents to air box(Both Axles, Trans
, and Transfer Case)
- Actual Maintenance(Anything that Should have been done Before now)
- SPARE ZJ for Parts
- Injector swap
- Efan swap
- Double Battery
- Alternator Changeout
- DeGreaser(Will it EVER really be
- AIR/Vacuum system(Cleaning and PREP for eventual snorkel)
As I think and See more things, I'll add them to the list, BUT I feel the list is fairly complete.
Things that have been "Fixed"
- Fuel Pump Assy
- Fuel Filter(ROCK hit it)
- Rt Frt Sway Bar Link
- Cap&Rotor, Spark Plugs, Wires, Ign Coil
- Rotor Assy
- Rear Hatch Supports
- Exhaust leak(small dime size hole)
- Crankcase Position Sensor
- Transmission(Replaced at 298,*** miles with "new"unit ~ 7/30/13)
- Oil gaskets ~ Rear Main Seal, Oil Adapter, and Oil Pan Gasket
- High Flow Oil Pump ~ M167HVS (Replaced at 298,*** with new unit ~ 9/14/13)
Things that I either have or will get to do work:
- Reciever Mount Winch
- Hi-Lift Jack(60"Xtreme)
- BETTER recovery gear(I have just rope now...)
- Pull-Pal(For Self Recovery)
- Roof top Tent
- Hitch Mount Vice
- Spitzlift Portable Truck Crane(Or equivalent)
Last edited by eagsc7; 08-01-2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Engine Mods Adding...