starting problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > starting problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
homerx
1993 ZJ 

starting problem

ok so iv been at this for a week. the problem is that when i go to start the jeep it clicks and clicks like if the battery is dead. but if i hold the key down or if i try to start it a couple of times. and sometimes when i turn the key there isnt even a click but if i keep tryin it will kick over. it will click and wind up to a start. i changed the battery. the connectors and the wires to the alt. and all new grounds. i changed the starter 3 times. i just changed the ignition coil. i kinda ran out of ideas lol

homerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

Sounds like a bad ignition switch to me.
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
homerx
1993 ZJ 

i was thinking that too
homerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Me too
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.