Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Starting

662 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  greasefingers 
#1 ·
Newbie question again...
Since I'm new to Jeeps, the starter really whines when starting, my husband says its a Chrysler thing... is that true?
Karen

#2 ·
Nope. It should sound similar to any other vehicle. It should also sound consistant. In other words it should not change in pitch like it is spinning faster at some times than other times.

#3 ·
I don't know Grease. My Jeep sounds like all of my previous 4.0L Jeeps, but different than my 4.2L YJ, 3.9L Dakota, 3.4L Buick, 5.7L T/A. Although it does sound a little like my 87 Ram with the 5.2L. I think it's a Chrysler thing.

#5 ·
I didn't get off work until 2am, the baby was up pretty much all night, and the 2 yr old got up at 7. I'm too tired to do much, so I'm at the computer. We decided to work this afternoon and tomorrow and Friday will be the big push dates.

#6 ·
Well good luck with the baby. My babies are teenagers now. Maybe the baby needs some chocolate chip cookies. Sorry you have to work so hard over the holiday weekend. Try not to break too many things. You’ll feel better on Monday, mentally, but not physically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.