Stalling rough running Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stalling rough running Cherokee

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
chevuki
1993 ZJ 

Stalling rough running Cherokee

My 1993 Cherokee sometimes stalls at low or high speeds and runs rough at idle. I have replaced the crankshaft pos. sensor. I had the check engine light come on for the map and air temp. sensors come on to replaced those also it has a new coil and I checked the computer conection no corosion. Sometimes it stalls when driving and just restarts itself and sometimes it dies when im taking off from a dead stop. I notice most of the time its when im accelerating. Sometimes it has to sit for a few mins. before it will start again.

chevuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevuki View Post
My 1993 Cherokee sometimes stalls at low or high speeds and runs rough at idle. I have replaced the crankshaft pos. sensor. I had the check engine light come on for the map and air temp. sensors come on to replaced those also it has a new coil and I checked the computer conection no corosion. Sometimes it stalls when driving and just restarts itself and sometimes it dies when im taking off from a dead stop. I notice most of the time its when im accelerating. Sometimes it has to sit for a few mins. before it will start again.
Possible TPS sensor? Clogged cat? Bad 02 sensors? Bad PCM? Weak fuel pump? By the way this is the ZJ forum.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Heey. I would do two thinks. First, check the transmission fluid level.(if automatic).you have to check when hot in NEUTRAL.. you'd be surprised how low the fluid level is. If fluid level ok, try this. with the engine in idle, disconnect the throttle position sensor (TPS). JUST unplug it, if idle stays normal,, you have a bad TPS. IT HAPPENED TO ME.
Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.