stalling not starting up date - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > stalling not starting up date

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 07-19-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
wyatterp22

stalling not starting *up date*

I would like to start off by saying thank you for all the help. I think we have narrowed it down. It took a while and alot of aggervation. Well the fuel pump isnt bad. So we checked the ingiton coil not that either. There is no power for the coil to the plugs. We replaced the camshaft sensor(had a crack in it) still nothing. We replaced the rotor in the distrubitor(just looked bad) and nothing. After all that we narrowed it down to the crankshaft sensor which after hooking it up the a reader came back with all weird and wrong readings. So that is the less agervating version for you guys. I will up date again after we put in the crankshaft sensor.

Last edited by wyatterp22; 07-19-2003 at 11:20 AM..
wyatterp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
wyatterp22

Ok here is the conclusion to the problem. After all said and done the problem was the crankshaft sensor(49.00 auto zone). Just for peoples ref if you dont get spark on the plugs and no juice at the ignition coil start looking at the crankshaft sensor hook it up with an ohm meter and check the resistance. Also the code for this problem is 11. If you dont have a chilton book you should get one it helped out . Once again thanks for all the help and i hope this helps someone else. wyatterp22 95 gc limited
Unread 07-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Zeff

Hey, you posted in my thread about a similar problem.

We checked the crankshaft sensor but it was reading 'close to 8volts' like our manual says.

We also have power in the ignition coil and power to the distributor. All of the wires have continuity but there is no spark.

Is there a different way to check the crankshaft sensor?
Zeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
wyatterp22

you can check the camshaft sensor there in the distruabtor and the rotor. we didnt get any power any place with the crankshaft sensor out. see if that helps any

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.