JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Squeak squeak goes the jeep.. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/squeak-squeak-goes-jeep-580797/)

-Joe- 07-10-2008 01:54 PM

Squeak squeak goes the jeep..

Just recently i noticed a really annoying squeak somewhere under the jeep. I have lubed everything, bushings, springs any spot that I could imagine could or would be able to make a squeak. Just recently hit 273k miles too.

It happens more when the rear suspension moves, just riding down the road with the normal variations of the road it will squeak. Its not a constant squeak so its not a bearing or wheel issue.

I know its impossible to diagnose noises over the net but all I want is some suggestions on something that mabye I missed.

I did notice my transmission mount is a little worn so ill replace it next week.

The only suspension parts that have not been replaced is the rear track bar and I do have a energy suspension poly kit for it i just never got around to changing it out. (my luck thats what it is)

Any thoughts?

5.9 ANDY 07-10-2008 01:55 PM

turn up the radio....works every time for me.

-Joe- 07-10-2008 01:58 PM

not an option.. Somethings not right

LaCeS OuT 07-10-2008 02:07 PM

Try the linkage for the TC. I had mine squeak and spraying some lithium grease solved it.

-Joe- 07-10-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaCeS OuT (Post 5435333)
Try the linkage for the TC. I had mine squeak and spraying some lithium grease solved it.

Ill check that out..

I cant make the jeep recreate the sound when not moving which sucks.

Even at a low speed going from the street over the lip of the driveway causes it to squeak..

2003tjxcr 07-10-2008 03:55 PM

tj squeak

i put a skyjaker double flex kit in my 03 tj and the heim joints are squeaking does any know of a manufacturer besides skyjacker? i would like greasable ones

LaCeS OuT 07-11-2008 07:27 AM

It was hard for me to recreate as well. If it was squeaking and I pushed on the TC shifter forward it would stop squeaking.

ZJTechie 07-11-2008 12:15 PM

If you havent tried this already, you could get someone to drive your jeep very slowly, as you walk around listening intently for the squeak. At the very least it could help you narrow the scope of where it's coming from.

-Joe- 07-11-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZJTechie (Post 5439231)
If you havent tried this already, you could get someone to drive your jeep very slowly, as you walk around listening intently for the squeak. At the very least it could help you narrow the scope of where it's coming from.

yeah.. it wasnt the linkage.

Louder today but im alone right now but my next step was to let someone else drive while i listened.

LaCeS OuT 07-11-2008 12:41 PM

How are your shock bushings? Maybe the end links. How about your sway bar bushings? Something else to consider, how are your lift gate struts? Or the rubber stops on the lift gate? I had some squeaking from them.

Hard to diagnose.

Zoso 07-11-2008 01:58 PM

I have something similiar with my ZJ but it is more related to the front end. I've changed just about everything in the front end besides the front u-joints in the prop shaft, the sway bar link ends, and the ball joints. If you figure it out, please post your results here.

-Joe- 07-14-2008 07:19 PM

It got worse over the last few days.. enough to hear it inside even when the windows were up..

Turned out to be the passenger side lower shock bolt had worked its way just loose enough so the metal sleeve was squeaking against the mount.

Took it out, lubed it up and bolted it back down.. squeak is gone..

LaCeS OuT 07-15-2008 07:14 AM

Cool, glad you found the cause.

goinggonzo92 06-04-2013 07:30 PM

You know I have the same problem on my 92 jeep wrangler YJ (automatic)....could this be a related problem with mine? just curious

The time now is 06:10 PM.