*squeak*squeak* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > *squeak*squeak*

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
97DCZJ
1997 ZJ 

*squeak*squeak*

I think it's coming from the bushings in my LCA's in the rear, and I think it's because I tightened the bolts too much at the unibody bracket. Could it be becuse they are to tight, or not tight enough?

(Sold) 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited: V8 5.2L, 2" BB, 31" Dick Cepeks.
(Sold) 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 4.7L, Stock.
(Sold) 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 5.2L ,3.5" lift, 32" Tires
97DCZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
sdowney717
1998 ZJ 

you cant over tighten them and cause a squeak. The bushing itself is likely worn out. When you tighten the bolt in a bushing, it is simply securing the metal sleeve pipe of the pushing to the car frame bracket. You dont want the metal sleeve to move, the rubber bushing will reset itself around the sleeve. If the rubber wears out, I guess it could get loose against the pipe and squeak.

To make these last longer, people tighten the bushing bolt with the wheels on the ground or the axle tubes bearing the weight. But it will reorient itself anyway.
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.