Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

Springs

Hey guys,lookin for some opinions on buying springs.im looking for a 5.5" or 6" spring for my zj and i was told by IRO that I can use a 8" front and a 3" front combo for the xj to get the same results,I'm thinking this might be a little soft for a v8 what do you think.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Kreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Why not just buy 5.5" IRO springs? I'm more than happy with mine.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

That's a great idea,I would not have started this thread if the girl I spoke with told me they have 5.5" springs,guess ill call them back and ask,thanks.

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeper View Post
That's a great idea,I would not have started this thread if the girl I spoke with told me they have 5.5" springs,guess ill call them back and ask,thanks.

LOL

the 5.5" springs won't show up on IRO website you need to ask for them specifically.

thats weird Kristen, the gall at IRO is usually good for that kind of stuff.

for what its worth. a 7.5" lift spring from an XJ should get you 5.5 - 6" on a ZJ and a TJ 7" spring should get you 5". all in the front. i wouldn't though; i ran a 5.5" XJ lift spring it gave me 4" in my ZJ, but it bowed pretty bad. i'd stay with the ZJ specific stuff.

for what its worth in the rear, a 3" ZJ lift spring will get you about 7" a 3" XJ lift spring will get you about 5.5"

long and short of it: if you're buying new just buy the proper ZJ springs.

if you're going the used route, you should be able to find something with the above info.

good luck

RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

That's greatly appreciated,I'm going to call them back and order 5.5" zj specific springs and thanks again for that info.

Unread 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

Got them ordered,thanks for the help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.