Split GC Forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Split GC Forum

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

View Poll Results: Split?
Yes 31 64.58%
No 17 35.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 09-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
Keith
Admin

Split GC Forum

The forum listing is too long so we are seeing what options we have.

Would you like to see the GC forum split up?

If so please give your opinion on how it should be split.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

ZJ's and WJ's split from the WK's.
anticrombie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

If you have to split it, I would say ZJ/WJ split from WKs, but I would prefer it didn't split

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
Reloader77724

Split the zj from the wj and the wk. More questions and comments can be made more directly, but zj and wj split from wk may be ok too.

(SOLD) 97 ZJ, 5.2L, quadra-trac, 5.5" lift - 2" spacers with 3" springs , with 31x10.5x15 dick Cepek FC-2, Eagle 101 15x8 with 3.75" BS.

Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it....Sometimes I wish I would listen to myself. :-/
Reloader77724 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader77724
Split the zj from the wj and the wk. More questions and comments can be made more directly, but zj and wj split from wk may be ok too.
You're saying split the ZJ from the WJ/WK? What are you talking about? ZJ/WJ are a hell of a lot more in common with those then with the WJ/WK...

From a community POV keep the ZJ/WJ/WK together - from a technical POV put the WK and XK together.

Last edited by ArloGuthroJeep; 09-09-2006 at 01:41 AM..
ArloGuthroJeep is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Split them up.

Would make getting help and helping others with thier questions alot easier.

Someone posts a question about thier wj then comes a bunch of posts about zj's and things get overlooked by questions getting pushed to the bottom. (example)

ZJ/WJ split from WK and if possible split all 3.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

This is a very interesting idea and will take some thought and some trial and error.

Here are some of my thoughts

Keep the WJ and ZJ together and make the WK separate

The WJ and ZJ are simular mechnicaly since many of them share the I6 and the WK has the V6

a con to this is we dont get many WK posts and a separate forum for them would not draw many posts(this maybe a good place to start though)

Makeing a ZJ WJ and WK all separate fourms I think would hurt the exchange of ideas since the ZJ and WJ are very simular mechnically.

Another thought is to separate the forum by issue. I know personaly I do not chime in on Lift posts because I do not have one and have no expirence there. My Jeep is a daily driver and my interests lie in keeping it in tip top shape and looking nice.

offroading sectoin and a street section?

or maybe something like this

Lift/off road, engine/drive train, electrical,body,etc ?

How well does that Street forum work in the cherokee section, that maybe draw some of the FIPK, muffels, TB, posts away from the main forum. Also people need to stop posting "flashy" topics that do not discribe there problem, I know I am guilty of this sometimes as are other people.

I have noticed the forum getting alot more traffic, I think some order and rules need to be clearly posts and enforced.

Some sort of split does need to take place I agree! I am interested to hear what other people say.

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 02:09 AM   #8
jeep_on

I’d say split the ZJ/WJ from the WK. As was stated, the ZJ and WJ are similar mechanically and some parts are even interchangeable. Put the WK somewhere else as it just doesn’t qualify any way.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 05:59 AM   #9
Kajunjeepn

Keith,
The arrange grouping of the ZJ, WJ and WK doesn’t bother me. However, I think it would be more beneficial to the members to have a For Sale section for the Grand Cherokees and Cherokees or something in the grouping.
Kajunjeepn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #10
SnaFu2
1997 ZJ 

If you have to split it up IMO ZJ/WJ should be separate from WK .

Last edited by SnaFu2; 09-09-2006 at 07:49 AM..
SnaFu2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #11
mr2dude1984

When I first started using this site I immediately wondered why it wasn't organized into seperate communities for the different generations of the G.Cherokee. IMHO, this forum has a great sense of community- I don't see this in my MR2 forum, www.mr2oc.com except for the guys that race together. I think that pulling the forums apart and forcing all users to use their respective forums would kill some of the camraderie. However, I can also see (especially with the search funtion down), a tremendous upside to separating each GC from it's brethren because, even if they share parts, some tips, tricks or advice may not apply, and some one in a rush, or a lurker who doesnt bother to ask a question, is then misinformed. Further, I agree fully (and I think this is outside the realm that we control in the GC section) that we need our own FS thread. When selling entire vehicles, or non-vehicle specific parts, the full site FS thread is great. But when fishing for parts it becomes much less usable- it needs some organization, and putting a FS thread into each sub-community would probably help the organization. Finally, in order to preserve the neighborhood feeling around here, why don't we create a general discussion forum to cover trail rides, pics, miscellaneous information and general chat, and then put the technical information into the appropriate ZJ/WJ/WK forums? Ill get off my soapbox now...
mr2dude1984 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #12
John in MA
1994 ZJ 

I'd rather not see it split, but that's just me. The WK thing doesn't seem all that important since we don't get many WK posts, unlike JU.
John in MA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #13
MAUSS
1996 ZJ 

I've been wondering why nobody had suggested it earlier. I'm for separating the ZJ/WJ from the WK.
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #14
table
2000 WJ 

Keith,
I say either split them all up, or don't split them at all.
Unread 09-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #15
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
You're saying split the ZJ from the WJ/WK? What are you talking about? ZJ/WJ are a hell of a lot more in common with those then with the WJ/WK...

From a community POV keep the ZJ/WJ/WK together - from a technical POV put the WK and XK together.
That seems to sum it up quite nicely.

The ZJ and WJ guys who have been around a bit can answer questions on both vehicles. There is plenty of commonality that they should remain in one forum.

As far as people getting questiong feedback more quickly; there are plenty informed WJ guys that answer ZJ posts, and ZJ guys who answer WJ posts. WK is different because not many of us have had experience with it. Not saying it SHOULD go, the above was against the ZJ/WJ forum split.

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.