Speakers for my ZJ 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Speakers for my ZJ 96

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
KingCrimson44

Speakers for my ZJ 96

Hey whats up guys, i am new on this forum and it is amazing to me how much you all love Jeep and how knowledgeable you all are. So I just want some advice on something- speakers. I make minimum wage at a pizza place, i don't have loads of money im just looking for any recommendations on some affordable speakers. I have some subs and an amp..im just really clueless on all this car audio stuff.

KingCrimson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

I have JBL GTO628 in both on my ZJ's. They sound great. I think that BestBuy has them on sale right now.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Hey whats up..! I did some upgrades on my speakers after i blew em all out, I got 4 Alpine type-e's. They soung great, good bass and are clear.

Here: http://tinyurl.com/73pon26

they cost around $200 after i bought 2 pair, and added a 4 year warranty just in case I blow em.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
KingCrimson44

hey thanks for the feedback guys...it means alot!
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
KingCrimson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ View Post
I have JBL GTO628 in both on my ZJ's. They sound great. I think that BestBuy has them on sale right now.
so it says on amazon they cost 60....does that come with the speakers i need or do i buy two? Again i am soooo dumb trying to learn about all this stuff. Im a computer-electronics guy and want to understand car audio lol
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

I thought you were a pizza guy??
Anyway, you can always run some Infiniti kappa 2 way speakers. The two ways rival many more expensive setups and get much better when amplified. If you're fixed on not spending too much, just get a pair for the front and focus on installing the sub/ amp. I'd avoid the reference line personally but I have heard good things about them, especially from people who ran the component types with an amp.
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
lilsinister

i love my polk audio speakers they werent to bad on price and they give me plenty of sound. i was pretty happy with them
lilsinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

I have kicker ds65 speakers all the way around
I think they were like $55-$65 for a pair of them off crutchfeild with adapter wire... things lmfao

My friends complement my system alot and it didn't break the bank either. It was about $550 with shipping and wiring for my amp (that does not include the among because I already had it)

I work at Wendys making barely over minimum wage (and I've been there for 2 years -__-) so I know your pain. So many plans, so little money lmfao
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

Speakers are sold in pairs, so if it's $60 the you need to spend that x2. BestBuy has them for $6 less and you can hear them before you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrimson44 View Post
so it says on amazon they cost 60....does that come with the speakers i need or do i buy two? Again i am soooo dumb trying to learn about all this stuff. Im a computer-electronics guy and want to understand car audio lol
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklopic View Post
So many plans, so little money lmfao

agreed

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
TeamMC
1996 ZJ 

X2 for polk i had the db651. They have really clear highs and mids. Too bad they blew when i put 100 watts to them. Keep them under 75 watts and you will be ok.
TeamMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
sebian
1995 ZJ 

If you really want to go on the cheap, Walmart typically has a pair of Pioneer speakers for about $40. That is what I used when my originals blew out and I was short on cash. They sound pretty good hooked up directly to my aftermarket HU, and even better with the my amp and subs.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

I recently bought a set of MB Quart PVI-216 components on Amazon. 2 mid woofers, 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers included in the kit and I paid about $125 including shipping. I have the tweeters mounted temporarily in the factory location and they seem a little to "bright" for my tastes. I'm going to mount them permanently in the doors along with the mids.

I only have disability income right now and it barely covers living expenses sometimes so I understand trying to do things on a tight budget. If you do a bit of searching online there are good deals to be found. I would also try to stay with one of the established brands and although they might cost a little more you'll probably hear the difference. There are lots of people here who can guide you along the way in making a decision.
greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebian View Post
If you really want to go on the cheap, Walmart typically has a pair of Pioneer speakers for about $40. That is what I used when my originals blew out and I was short on cash. They sound pretty good hooked up directly to my aftermarket HU, and even better with the my amp and subs.
i was just about to recommend these for someone looking for some cheap but decent speakers... and they are even cheaper on amazon
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
YJInterceptor
1996 ZJ 

I've been thinking of replacing the ones in my ZJ, the stock ones kinda of blow. I had sony 4x6 and pioneer 6x9s in my wrangler, what sizes are the speakers in the ZJ?
YJInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp , audio , sound , speakers , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.