Speakers for my ZJ 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Speakers for my ZJ 96

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
KingCrimson44

Speakers for my ZJ 96

Hey whats up guys, i am new on this forum and it is amazing to me how much you all love Jeep and how knowledgeable you all are. So I just want some advice on something- speakers. I make minimum wage at a pizza place, i don't have loads of money im just looking for any recommendations on some affordable speakers. I have some subs and an amp..im just really clueless on all this car audio stuff.

KingCrimson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

I have JBL GTO628 in both on my ZJ's. They sound great. I think that BestBuy has them on sale right now.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Hey whats up..! I did some upgrades on my speakers after i blew em all out, I got 4 Alpine type-e's. They soung great, good bass and are clear.

Here: http://tinyurl.com/73pon26

they cost around $200 after i bought 2 pair, and added a 4 year warranty just in case I blow em.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
KingCrimson44

hey thanks for the feedback guys...it means alot!
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
KingCrimson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ View Post
I have JBL GTO628 in both on my ZJ's. They sound great. I think that BestBuy has them on sale right now.
so it says on amazon they cost 60....does that come with the speakers i need or do i buy two? Again i am soooo dumb trying to learn about all this stuff. Im a computer-electronics guy and want to understand car audio lol
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

I thought you were a pizza guy??
Anyway, you can always run some Infiniti kappa 2 way speakers. The two ways rival many more expensive setups and get much better when amplified. If you're fixed on not spending too much, just get a pair for the front and focus on installing the sub/ amp. I'd avoid the reference line personally but I have heard good things about them, especially from people who ran the component types with an amp.
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
lilsinister

i love my polk audio speakers they werent to bad on price and they give me plenty of sound. i was pretty happy with them
lilsinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

I have kicker ds65 speakers all the way around
I think they were like $55-$65 for a pair of them off crutchfeild with adapter wire... things lmfao

My friends complement my system alot and it didn't break the bank either. It was about $550 with shipping and wiring for my amp (that does not include the among because I already had it)

I work at Wendys making barely over minimum wage (and I've been there for 2 years -__-) so I know your pain. So many plans, so little money lmfao
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

Speakers are sold in pairs, so if it's $60 the you need to spend that x2. BestBuy has them for $6 less and you can hear them before you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrimson44 View Post
so it says on amazon they cost 60....does that come with the speakers i need or do i buy two? Again i am soooo dumb trying to learn about all this stuff. Im a computer-electronics guy and want to understand car audio lol
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklopic View Post
So many plans, so little money lmfao

agreed
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
TeamMC
1996 ZJ 

X2 for polk i had the db651. They have really clear highs and mids. Too bad they blew when i put 100 watts to them. Keep them under 75 watts and you will be ok.
TeamMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
sebian
1995 ZJ 

If you really want to go on the cheap, Walmart typically has a pair of Pioneer speakers for about $40. That is what I used when my originals blew out and I was short on cash. They sound pretty good hooked up directly to my aftermarket HU, and even better with the my amp and subs.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

I recently bought a set of MB Quart PVI-216 components on Amazon. 2 mid woofers, 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers included in the kit and I paid about $125 including shipping. I have the tweeters mounted temporarily in the factory location and they seem a little to "bright" for my tastes. I'm going to mount them permanently in the doors along with the mids.

I only have disability income right now and it barely covers living expenses sometimes so I understand trying to do things on a tight budget. If you do a bit of searching online there are good deals to be found. I would also try to stay with one of the established brands and although they might cost a little more you'll probably hear the difference. There are lots of people here who can guide you along the way in making a decision.
greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebian View Post
If you really want to go on the cheap, Walmart typically has a pair of Pioneer speakers for about $40. That is what I used when my originals blew out and I was short on cash. They sound pretty good hooked up directly to my aftermarket HU, and even better with the my amp and subs.
i was just about to recommend these for someone looking for some cheap but decent speakers... and they are even cheaper on amazon
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
YJInterceptor
1996 ZJ 

I've been thinking of replacing the ones in my ZJ, the stock ones kinda of blow. I had sony 4x6 and pioneer 6x9s in my wrangler, what sizes are the speakers in the ZJ?
YJInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp , audio , sound , speakers , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.