Spark Plugs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Spark Plugs

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
Othoni

Spark Plugs

Today I wanted to do a tune up to my jeep.I went to autozone and got "6 Champion truck plugs part#4412. I took off the coil rack and took out one spark plug and tried to match it with the champion plugs I bought, the champion plugs are longer then the plug I took out of my jeep. Should I use the champion plug even though its longer then the plug I pulled out or should I get a different plug?

[URL]http://www.cardomain.com/id/othoni[/URL]
Othoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Just check and see if those are the correct ones. I don't know for sure. Someone could've put the wrong ones in last time. Your emissions label should say which plug to use, and just cross it over to the Truck plug. I will be putting those in my Jeep this summer at my next oil change. Great plugs, had them in everything and they work wonders!
Unread 04-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
askoop
2000 WJ 

I've got Champion trucks #4412 in my 2000 WJ I6 and they work just fine... but they were the same size as the OE ones I took out...

Great plugs! Especially for the price.
WTB: 1 Timberline wheel or a set of JK steelies
askoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
askoop
2000 WJ 

Found this for ya...

champion plug selector

hope this helps!
WTB: 1 Timberline wheel or a set of JK steelies
askoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
Othoni

When I pulled out a spark plug from my WJ I compared it to the new spark plugs I got, there almost indentical exepct that the serial number on my old plug is "RC12MCC" as the serial number on my new spark plug is "RC12ECC" both old and new plugs are Champions. Both plugs are the same length but the gap and center electrode on the new plugs are longer then my old plugs.

[URL]http://www.cardomain.com/id/othoni[/URL]
Othoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.