Spark Plugs, 04 Cherokee 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Spark Plugs, 04 Cherokee 4.0

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
tomt39

Spark Plugs, 04 Cherokee 4.0

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice for changing the spark plugs on my 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.0L engine. I haven't done it before and it's due (50,000 miles). I can't find anything online and I haven't purchased a book for the vehicle yet.
Is there anthing I should be concerned about when removing the covers to change the plugs? Anything in the way that should be moved first to make it easier? I'd sure appreciate a comment from someone who's done it before.
Thanks.

tomt39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
CJtoWJ
2004 WJ 

http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/sparkplugs.htm

Straight foward... Take your time removing and re-installing the coil pack.
94 Cherokee
04 G-Cherokee
CJtoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
cmonson

what he said, be careful not to crack the coil pack. It should lift off with ease.

Everyone has their "personal choice" but I like to use Champion plugs.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
tomt39

Thanks for the help.
T
tomt39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.