spark and fuel no start? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > spark and fuel no start?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #46
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Yeah, have someone turn the engine (starter) with the valve cover off. See if everything moves.
Alright man seems easy I'll do that tomorrow and I'll report back.

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #47
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Yeah, the valve cover is easy to take off. Sounds good, I'll be around tomorrow then.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Yeah, the valve cover is easy to take off. Sounds good, I'll be around tomorrow then.
Well I got half the bolts all the backs the one in back they came off so easy then I realized should take the hoses off well atleast the one at the back. Well that ***** won't come off and I see it being a problem when I go to get the valve cover off was gonna pry it but looks like plastic. Then half way done taking it off started raining. is there a easy way to get the ventilation tubes off? Part where it connects to the case itself
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #49
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

I usually pry them off. They do break some times, though. What about the other end (not on the valve cover)?
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #50
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

How do you get from

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
It sorta sputtered then I tried again and just cranked it wanted to start though maybe the battery is **** maybe I got a bad one which is rare I'll try jumping it when I look at the tps tomorrow
to

Quote:
the valve cover is easy to take off.

If you want to know if the engine is pumping air, use a compression gauge or pull the plugs and stick your finger in the hole.

You can tell if it's jumped time by setting the time mark to 0, checking that #1 is on top of stroke, pull the cap and see if the rotor is at 5 oclock.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #51
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I usually pry them off. They do break some times, though. What about the other end (not on the valve cover)?
sorry for abandoning this thread lol been ****ty outside but the crankcase ventilation hose has been broke just the stem on the valve covers there immersions Ohh well and I just took the other on off the air box but the stem on the crank ventilation is blocking it from coming up good. I'll break it off though need a new one anyways lol.
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
How do you get from

to

If you want to know if the engine is pumping air, use a compression gauge or pull the plugs and stick your finger in the hole.

You can tell if it's jumped time by setting the time mark to 0, checking that #1 is on top of stroke, pull the cap and see if the rotor is at 5 oclock.
I'll look almost positive it's at 5 though
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
How do you get from

to

I was under the assumption that he did not have a compression gauge, only hand tools. As far as the rotor being at 5:00, I have not done a lot of work on the ZJ's. I was directed to this thread and I'm just trying to help.
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #54
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

I was under the assumption that he did not have a compression gauge, only hand tools. As far as the rotor being at 5:00, I have not done a lot of work on the ZJ's. I was directed to this thread and I'm just trying to help.
Yea and your doing good. if the weather would be good then I'd be able to do stuff haha atleast it's not snow. I hope it's not a compression issue.
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #55
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Yea and your doing good. if the weather would be good then I'd be able to do stuff haha atleast it's not snow. I hope it's not a compression issue.
well guess if it isn't I'm going to make my way to AutoZone for a volt meter.
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Hey bro it started gas flooded engine old plugs were **** flooded trying to start with them and battery didn't have enough charge. So jumped it took a good 30 min of cranking pausing but fires up good

Thanks for your help man I feel stupid flooding was the first thing I thought of lol but went to the bigger stuff lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.