Spare Tire Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Spare Tire Mount

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-05-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
BBJeepXJ89

Spare Tire Mount

My dad and I are trying to find a way to get the spare tire out of the cargo area. So far we have come up with two ideas, a cargo basket with the tire up top or a swing arm in the back. If anyone has any of these setups could you please post a picture of them, or if someone else has other ideas I am open to new ones. Thanks -BB

-Limited-Slip rear D.
-Sway-Bar Free
-Draw-Tite 9,000lbs Front Receiver
-Draw-Tite Rear Hitch
-228,000 Miles!
[url]http://members.cardomain.com/bbjeepxj89[/url]
BBJeepXJ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:36 AM   #2
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

I would love to have a cargo rack on the roof myself .I am going to try to make one next weekend(get the welder out) I will let you know how it turns out ..
I will enclose a picture as well.
In the mean time I have my tire on the roof sandwiched between my luggage rack sliders and tied down with rope.( not the prettiest but at least it works)
Unread 01-05-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
Big Dumb White Guy

i have a roof rack (45X60 i think it is) + brackets to mount to ZJ's roof rails + spare tire bracket for sale. PM or e-mail me if you are interested. i am sure we can work out a deal, if you are.....
it's aluminum. see pic below...

i added 2 inches of lift and now it won't fit in the garage with the rack and the tire up there.....

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2003, 08:53 PM   #4
scubatch2

http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view...359&i=10183998 here are some pic's.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Invisible

Here is a picture of a homemade rear mount tire carrier. It's on a TJ but you get the idea.here
By the way the guy that made it has a lot more pics under Jeep Projects.
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2003, 01:02 PM   #6
Jakieboy4

Spare mount

Check out www.donavee.com for a rear swing away tire mount. Bolts to the gas tank skid/trailer hitch mounts. Very sturdy construction that they say will mount up to a 31". I have a 33" on it and still clears to open the hatch ok. It was $259 back in July 02. Still a good value at $289 and they will ship it UPS

Look under their parts section and click on MarkIII tire carrier.

[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/donpouliot]MY PICS[/url]

Last edited by Jakieboy4; 01-12-2003 at 01:07 PM..
Jakieboy4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.