Spacer for BB dont fit right - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Spacer for BB dont fit right

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
fisher1630
1997 ZJ 

Spacer for BB dont fit right

I picked up a set of 4 wheel customs spacers. They have been sitting on a shelf for a while so decided to put them on along with the new shocks I had. Well i got the spring out and went to put the coil on the spacer. The spring does not seat on the spacer properly. I tried all different combinations of spacer, isolator and coil but nothing seemed even remotely safe. This was all on the back. I figure that these do not, despite what the site says, fit properly. Now my main question is will they fit on the front being that the front is different or should i just get a whole new set.

fisher1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
armyjeepin
1998 ZJ 

If you got some pics we could see we might be able to give you the right answer. I know i had the bb from rough country and it didnt fit as good as the bb i got from daystar some times paying a little more is better. It should be the same spacer front or rear for a zj.
armyjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
corndogduff

Some pics might help. If those don't work out for you, CrawlerReady sells a really nice fitting set for pretty cheap and you even get a nice little "swag bag" along with it
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

I just put on 4wheelcustoms 2.25bb the front fit perfect. The back I had issues with felt sloppy but when putting on raising rear I guided them into place. Wish they would have fit as nice as the front though..oh and the DW showed its ugly face ..had brolaw check it out believes it just bad rotors(warped )..
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

toss the rear ones and get a set of stock front springs to put in the rear. not only are the rear spacers designed totally wrong they swallow the spring post which puts you at risk for losing a spring very easily.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.