sorta new guy, to the scene at least. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > sorta new guy, to the scene at least.

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
oddworxs
1997 ZJ 

sorta new guy, to the scene at least.

wassup guys.
As the title of the post states so i'm new to the scene. Just a about a year ago i got my first zj, 2wd. i didnt really care much for it cause it wasnt 4x4, but let me tell ya, that damn thing has kept up with my driving and two others. it has taken me through all the eastcoast and back home without any problems except the passenger side flooding lol! a couple of days ago i gota hold of a 97 laredo 4x4 and i just dont know where to start as far as the tires and spacers.... im opting for the bfg All-Terrain T/A KO.. i know i'll be adding some spacers just cause of the stance. my question is, since i want spacers and also new wheels... what combo to choose? like what backspacing on the wheels and which size spacers. i dont really want nothing crazy but just noticeable.thanks for your attention!

oddworxs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
JeepBeats96JGC
1996 ZJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...u-post-880249/
JeepBeats96JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddworxs View Post
wassup guys.
As the title of the post states so i'm new to the scene. Just a about a year ago i got my first zj, 2wd. i didnt really care much for it cause it wasnt 4x4, but let me tell ya, that damn thing has kept up with my driving and two others. it has taken me through all the eastcoast and back home without any problems except the passenger side flooding lol! a couple of days ago i gota hold of a 97 laredo 4x4 and i just dont know where to start as far as the tires and spacers.... im opting for the bfg All-Terrain T/A KO.. i know i'll be adding some spacers just cause of the stance. my question is, since i want spacers and also new wheels... what combo to choose? like what backspacing on the wheels and which size spacers. i dont really want nothing crazy but just noticeable.thanks for your attention!
If you are getting new rims then you don't need spacers. The back spacing you want is 3.73 or 4". If you keep your stock rims then you can get some wheel spacers that are 1.25 or 1.5" thick.
You can get a 2" budget boost with some new shocks to fit 31x 10.50's.
Save some money with the tires and get the www.treadwright.com Warden tires. They are the same mold as the BFG's and for less money. I have been running the Guard Dogs for over a year. They are great tires. Send Nick and email at kolak@aol.com and ask him about the lift and shocks. He's got some great prices for the Bilstein shocks.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Crazyhorse92284
1998 ZJ 

Like polka said, if your buying new wheels skip the spacers use 3.75 backspacing. If your looking for a little better stance i second the budget boost. If your not really taking it offroad you dont have to change the shocks if you do the 2". Tire wise 31x10.50 work great (might have to trim the bottom of the front bumper a hair to avoid rubbing). You cant really go wrong with BFG ats but take a look at Goodyear duratracs.
Crazyhorse92284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
oddworxs
1997 ZJ 

I appreciate it guys, I will probably buy those warrens they are alot cheaper. how comfortable is the budget boost? or does it depend on the setup?
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddworxs View Post
I appreciate it guys, I will probably buy those warrens they are alot cheaper. how comfortable is the budget boost? or does it depend on the setup?
ride didnt change too much, at least for me it didnt. get a nice set of shocks and it will ride like a cadillac
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
oddworxs
1997 ZJ 

I know I'll def be taking it offroad, trails in the summer, so i think adding some shocks wouldn't be a bad idea. blistien have a good sound to them, lol!
a budget boost consists of swaping the front spings to rear and just adding different springs to the front? hey guys i really appreciate the feedback!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.