Sorry if this has been done. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sorry if this has been done.

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Carroll182
1994 ZJ 

Sorry if this has been done.

I searched but saw nothing like this.

I've been thinking that I'd like to make my Jeep look, drive, and feel as new as possible.

Maybe with enough information, i could turn this into a well written sticky and help tons of people.

Carroll182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

You are thinking in the wrong direction. Get some skid plates and lockers then try to make it look as beat as possible. That's the Jeep way!!!
Technohead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

correction : ''thats the way some go''

i have a jeep i dont want to beat fix up to be like new with modern stuff and leave near stock, i also have plans for a 7'' lift sand/snow rig that has lots of goodies

point ; do what you want
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll182 View Post
I searched but saw nothing like this.

I've been thinking that I'd like to make my Jeep look, drive, and feel as new as possible.

Maybe with enough information, i could turn this into a well written sticky and help tons of people.
start with replacing all the consumables on the jeep; bushings, tie rods, brakes bearings etc. replace all the fluids in everything as well, diffs, tcase, tranny etc. give it a good tune up new plugs, wires, etc. all that good stuff.
give it a really good cleaning as well.

but........................ its still an older vehicle; it won't be new or drive new.

i agree with technohead, make it run good and flog on it lol
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

16 new control arm bushings, new trackbars, new tie rod ends and new drag link, new brakes, new bearings if they seem to need replacing, new shocks, new steering gear box if yours is getting real sloppy, all new fluids, seafoam the engine, new ujoints....

Seems like a waste of money to me, I agree with what techno says, but that's what I would replace if I was trying to make it feel new.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Insane_Jeep
1997 ZJ 

i plan do to do something similar, just not (must drive like new)

there is a local shop in my neck of the woods, the guys running the shop have been doing suspension for 30 years or so, and they know what to look for. plan is to get the jeep driving as good as it can without replacing everything (as not everything needs replacement)

but i do want it to not have sloppy steering, bearing noise, worn out shocks, and some of the bushings need to be replaced, so i'll start there and we'll see. doing a build/list anyways, might help some
Insane_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
markcorpus
1998 ZJ 

This is kind of the direction I have been going with my fixes. I no longer live near mountains so I am looking for that smooth, "newish" drive feel. Got a lot of bushings to replace.
markcorpus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.