Soo. Need help with tires! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Soo. Need help with tires!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Vortexium
1998 ZJ 

Soo. Need help with tires!

I considered myself lucky to find 5 265-65-r17 cooper AT's. 4 barely used and a fully size spare for 600 dollars with 5 soft 8 wheels too. Anyhow. Do I need back spacers or anything if I put it on a 2 inch BB? Or a 3.5 inch lift? Don't know too much about this.

Vortexium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

They should measure out to be 30.5 inches, so you would be fine with a bb. And if they're on soft 8's, the backspacing should be perfect, depending on the dimensions.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
95upcountry
1995 ZJ 

What Freestyle said, but you'll probably have to do some minor front fender trimming. Basically just the outermost part of the fender where it curves back in.
95upcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
BigRedB
1993 XJ Cherokee 

That size tire you may have rubbing, I run 265/75r15 on my ZJ and I don't even have a lift.
(After 4 months I have just ordered one) Also what Freestyle said about backspacing with those soft 8's.
BigRedB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Just to say what all the other guys already said, you should be fine with a bb. May have to do minor trimming if you offroad it, but shouldn't be too bad.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so there's a set of lt265/75 r16 nitto tires for sale for 500...tempting if i didn't have 15 inch rims
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/3730298822.html
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Vortexium
1998 ZJ 

I've decided, 4.5 inch IRO premium lift kit
Now.. 32 inch tires, with 15 inch rims? Soft cragar 8's I think. I don't know anything about backspacing. But can someone find me a tire and wheel package, preferably with all terrains. Don't want MT's. I wheel 3-4 times a week. And it's my DD
Vortexium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexium View Post
I've decided, 4.5 inch IRO premium lift kit
Now.. 32 inch tires, with 15 inch rims? Soft cragar 8's I think. I don't know anything about backspacing. But can someone find me a tire and wheel package, preferably with all terrains. Don't want MT's. I wheel 3-4 times a week. And it's my DD
I would suggest m/t over a/t, as all terrains kinda suck imo. You need 3.75-4inch bs.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

You'd wear m/ts out like crazy with dd duty. I got some Goodyear wrangler a/ts and after 10k they don't show any signs of wear. Pretty decent offroad to
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You wheel 3-4 times a week? Wow. Lots of good a/t's out there, DuraTracs are a nice option.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.