Someone backed into my 5.9's side and ran.. Now i have huge dents - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Someone backed into my 5.9's side and ran.. Now i have huge dents

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

Well the lady who runs the parking lot looked at the footage, my Jeep was parked too far from the camera's view which could only see the sidewalks and some of the road... Lame, whatever I'll find the car i know I will.. He wont like it when I do.

Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Try other body shops some of them will pay some of the deductible
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #18
glock1926
1997 ZJ 

Stop in to all of the body shops in your area, with pictures and have them give you a call. If someone comes in with a broken tail light that that looks like a match.
glock1926 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

The thing about the dmg now that i was looking at it more today, is its not just a dent on both door by the side panels. the rear passenger door on top by the roof rack isnt lined up anymore and sticks outward i can take my palm and push on the top corner and push the door in another inch or so.. Thankfully it isnt leaking as it rained BIG TIME yesturday.. and the front passenger door is bulging out up top by the handle..

Someone mentioned it was a BMW possibly that hit me.. I can see my handle is dmged and scratched.. My bet is someone was backing out of a parking space behind me.. didnt know how to drive and hit me with the corner of thier bumper and the taillight hit my handle and broke scratching the handle.. and so that would mean it should be a taller vehicle like an SUV or truck

The issue is i dont have $500 for a deductable.. We just bought a 2013 Camaro SS with the 6.2 Liter v8, so that money is saved toward the car payment.. I'll call shops and see if they offer to pay the deductable i didnt know shops do that
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

Found more dmg, removed the rocker panels and there is a huge dent in there as well really big.. i didnt see it because of the plastic panels covering it... : / God damnit this sucks.. That guy musta hit me pretty hard, this is more dmg then my 25mph accident I had in a head on fender bender
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
timmay5309
1998 ZJ 

Check with the local businesses nearby the parking lot. Allot of places have cameras that may be pointing in that direction and could have filmed something. It's a crap shoot, but worth a shot...
timmay5309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.