Some transmission problems and then some - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Some transmission problems and then some

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-31-2004, 12:45 PM   #16
BOOM

OK guys, Sorry i took so long to respond. I went ahead and worked on my car this weekend. I changed the fluid and filter. I also checked my tps and it seems fine. I adjusted the bands ( the one by the filter ) and i tried to adjust the bands on the outside one. The socket I need to adjust the bands are square. I used a 1/4 inch hex socket on the inside one and it seemed to work fine to torque with, but the outer one I need to find a 3/8 square socket or something comparable. I don't know what they're called and I checked all over town for one yesterday. I tried to find a 8 point socket, but only found 12 point and they would not fit. Does anyone know what this particular socket is called or where i could find one, or somehow of doing the torque without it ? ? ? Other than that everything seems to be running smoother and I haven't been experiencing slippage I'm still having a slight issue with my idle being a bit low when i pull up to a stop. It will sometimes jerk a little bit like a gas cutoff or something. And I'm still having some vibrations when accelerating and when cruising along in overdrive. Well that's all for now. Hope you guys can help. Boy am I a project

Thanks

BOOM

Last edited by BOOM; 03-31-2004 at 03:06 PM..
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2004, 11:57 PM   #17
BOOM

I guess my next option is to go ahead and check out my bearings. I hate having to go through this again. I went to change em out on my first engine and some *** left my engine open for six months letting it rust. But if i gotta i will. So we'll see how this weekend goes with that

BOOM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.