Some people are seriously delusional.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Some people are seriously delusional....

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Some people are seriously delusional....

So awhile back I was looking for a ZJ 242 transfer case to swap into my 5.9 and I came across a guy local to me on CL who had a bunch of ZJ's he was parting out, including three 5.9's, who said he had a 242 out of a 98 6 cyl with low mileage, perfect shape blah blah blah. I emailed the guy and I told him I specifically wanted a 96+ build date 242, he tells me "no problem" so we exchanged numbers then talked price , $275 for a used 242 was beyond ridiculous but I was coming up empty handed through the yards and wanted to get started on the swap so I agreed on his price. He tells me he's out of town in Seattle but his gf will bring me the xfer case....no worries cause its supposed to be a "she delivers the correct case, we exchange cash, done deal"......WRONG! She shows up at my house with a a 92 XJ 242 with the wrong length input shaft, a cable operated speedo, missing bolts on the rear housing, covered in dirt and soaked from the massive fluid leak between the case halves! Needless to say I passed and found a verifiable 98 ZJ 6cyl 242 for $200 from a local yard a few weeks later. FF to now and I'm perusing my local CL looking for TJ parts and I come across the ad below by the same guy who tried to sell me a used up 92 XJ case for $275.... asking $4500 for a "nice" DD 5.9 and $9500 for a "restored" one..... If his xfer case deal is any indication the "restored" version probably got an oil change and a set of used tires

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3878784568.html

Unread 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

That black niner pic was stolen from a local Kansas City ad. I recognize that one, a guy was selling it here, with way more pics, for like $3200. It's the same one I'm positive because I look at CL ads multiple times a day and that's for sure the same pic.
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.