Some people are seriously delusional.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Some people are seriously delusional....

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 06-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Some people are seriously delusional....

So awhile back I was looking for a ZJ 242 transfer case to swap into my 5.9 and I came across a guy local to me on CL who had a bunch of ZJ's he was parting out, including three 5.9's, who said he had a 242 out of a 98 6 cyl with low mileage, perfect shape blah blah blah. I emailed the guy and I told him I specifically wanted a 96+ build date 242, he tells me "no problem" so we exchanged numbers then talked price , $275 for a used 242 was beyond ridiculous but I was coming up empty handed through the yards and wanted to get started on the swap so I agreed on his price. He tells me he's out of town in Seattle but his gf will bring me the xfer case....no worries cause its supposed to be a "she delivers the correct case, we exchange cash, done deal"......WRONG! She shows up at my house with a a 92 XJ 242 with the wrong length input shaft, a cable operated speedo, missing bolts on the rear housing, covered in dirt and soaked from the massive fluid leak between the case halves! Needless to say I passed and found a verifiable 98 ZJ 6cyl 242 for $200 from a local yard a few weeks later. FF to now and I'm perusing my local CL looking for TJ parts and I come across the ad below by the same guy who tried to sell me a used up 92 XJ case for $275.... asking $4500 for a "nice" DD 5.9 and $9500 for a "restored" one..... If his xfer case deal is any indication the "restored" version probably got an oil change and a set of used tires

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3878784568.html

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

That black niner pic was stolen from a local Kansas City ad. I recognize that one, a guy was selling it here, with way more pics, for like $3200. It's the same one I'm positive because I look at CL ads multiple times a day and that's for sure the same pic.
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.