Some idiot in an Oldsmobile mauled my friends Jeep!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Some idiot in an Oldsmobile mauled my friends Jeep!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 06-11-2003, 03:56 PM   #16
IMOiRock

From stats.com that has most of the DOT's statistics online:
"according to statistics from the U.S. Department of Transportation, for all crashes the involvement rate for males is 819 per 10,000 licensed drivers. For females it's only 536 per 10,000. For drivers in fatal crashes, the male is far the deadlier sex, with their involvement rate standing at 4.6 per 10,000 drivers vs. only 1.7 for females"

Black Heep #24/Invisible Heep #2/AGJC Revivor
IMOiRock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 04:09 PM   #17
ViPER_SR2001

Well I am talking about Germany in my case not US... anyways, where do they get the 10.000 from? I don't understand how they did this stat...

Men have more accidents... I never denied that, but there're more male drivers on the road.

Last edited by ViPER_SR2001; 06-11-2003 at 04:17 PM..
ViPER_SR2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #18
Zaphod
SACPOWERTV.com

1981 J-Series Truck 

Whoa there BritBabe...

I base my opinions on personal experiences, not statistics. All the female drivers I have ridden with are careless and/or cocky at the wheel. They try to do a million things at once instead of pay attention to the road. Most keep their eyes on anything but the road while driving. They swerve, and I have to comment just to get them to swerve out of the way of oncoming traffic. I'm not saying men are better drivers than women, or anything like that. Just that female drivers are much, much *MUCH* more careless than male drivers. That is what I've noticed in riding with male and female drivers.

What I wrote above ("female driver!") was a joke. A little comment spawned from my observations on the carelessness of female drivers. This thread is to mourn my friends jeep, not start an argument of male vs. female.

"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone,
somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people
over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 04:15 PM   #19
ViPER_SR2001

Yeah... you're right! Lets go back on topic!

Any news about what your friend is going to do now? Why doesn't he post himself?
Unread 06-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #20
Storml2age

I would Like to get back to the main topic but I'm not saying women drivers in general are bad, I was stating that all the close calls I've had in the last 3 years of driving were from women drivers. I was not making a general statement, I was just stating my personal experiences. If something as small as my statement can set you off you really need to chill.

Quote:
I have NEVER (knock on wood!!) been in an accident and hopefully never will!
Well I havent been in an accident yet either but if most accidents are caused by male drivers shouldn't I have drunkenly crashed into a telephone pole by now?

Sorry if it did truly offend you but you yourself are being a hypocrite.

Quote:
Men are at fault for just as many, if not more, accidents. How many accidents do you hear about on the news caused by females? NONE! they are all by males!!
Just last month I remember hearing on the news how a woman driver led police in a chase, crashing into a car only minutes after it started. You are also now being sexist yourself, generalizing men as being worse drivers than women.

Quote:
It really bothers me when people, especcialy young people, generalize and stereotpye women into certain roles.
Me being young has nothing to do with my perspective on the subject, now you are also discriminating against age. Sorry if that was a little excessive but I just had to add my opinion and clear things up.
Unread 06-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #21
IMOiRock

Quote:
Originally posted by IMOiRock
From stats.com that has most of the DOT's statistics online:
"according to statistics from the U.S. Department of Transportation, for all crashes the involvement rate for males is 819 per 10,000 licensed drivers. For females it's only 536 per 10,000. For drivers in fatal crashes, the male is far the deadlier sex, with their involvement rate standing at 4.6 per 10,000 drivers vs. only 1.7 for females"
Your personal experience is anecdotal and subjective. Men are involved in 283 more motor vehicle accidents than women for every 10,000 licensed drivers and 3 more fatal accidents than women for every 10,000 drivers. This is very significant. These numbers are from the national DOT database and are indisputable. I wish they were disputable because then my insurance premiums could be lower.

Back to the topic at hand - what is the status of the jeep?
Unread 06-12-2003, 07:47 AM   #22
GoTopless

i got in an accident in a Jeep in 2002. i was flown to shock trauma. The Jeep hit a little toyota at 60 miles an hour(we t-boned him but it wasnt our faukt) and crushed it to about half its size. the Jeep was totaled but it would of been a lot worse if we didnt have some armor on the front

[B][SIZE=4][URL=http://groups.myspace.com/jeepforumcom][COLOR=white]Jeepforum on MYSPACE[/COLOR] [/URL] [/SIZE] [/B]
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2003, 07:53 AM   #23
IMOiRock

Shock Trauma is the one of the best level one trauma centers. They have some of the top aces in the country there so it is good you went there too.
Unread 06-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #24
GoTopless

Quote:
Originally posted by IMOiRock
Shock Trauma is the one of the best level one trauma centers. They have some of the top aces in the country there so it is good you went there too.
yeah i was fraking out, there was a guy next to me that got shot in the chest, it was horrible. they didnt fix me though. i layed on a bed, strapped down for 4 hours then they tolfd me to get up and go and i went to get up and fell flat on my face. My ankle was the size of a grapefruit. all they did was give me crutches. it sucked, i cant run now cause my ankle gives out on me.or my knee locks up which was also from the accident

[B][SIZE=4][URL=http://groups.myspace.com/jeepforumcom][COLOR=white]Jeepforum on MYSPACE[/COLOR] [/URL] [/SIZE] [/B]
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #25
BritBabe

OK, I agree with the fact that we should all get back on track...but...I would like to request that everybody be a little more midful of others!!

By saying that it amazes me that young people still talk in this sexist way is not agism...I'm young myself. I am saying that I thought that the current generation was further along in the process of equality than the generation before. It's disturbing to see that nothing has changed.

I am not being hypocritical. IMOiRock has backed my statement with proof from the DOT. And it is not because there are more males on the road! I would have to say it is about equal, again this is just a guess!!!

I agree that there are women who drive like idiots...doing their makeup on the highway, talking on the cell phone and chewing gum at the same time, etc. I agree that some women SUCK at driving. My argument is that there ARE MEN that suck at driving too!! These men have a coffee and a donut, talk on their cell phones, etc. I am not trying to say that women are blameless!! I am saying that it is NOT ALL women and that there ARE MEN who do the same thing!!

That's all I am trying to say. Not that men are better or women are better....but that it is both!!!!!

But anyways, hopefully that is all cleared up.....was your buddy OK after the accident? is it going to take long to fix the jeep?
BritBabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2003, 03:14 PM   #26
Zaphod
SACPOWERTV.com

1981 J-Series Truck 

Well, the insurance people are going to give him $6,000 to fix the jeep. Which rocks since it will only cost us around $2,000 and more than a couple hours to fix it

I'll post pics of what it looks like when it is done, and maybe snap a few of in-between.

"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone,
somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people
over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2003, 03:34 PM   #27
ViPER_SR2001

I smell winch bullbar!

Do you really think 2k will do it... I dunno... You gotta cut and weld and use the bfh alot on the front bumber and under the fender. I mean that is all one damn piece welded together. (Damn unibody!) Then you need a new hood, fender, lights, bumber cover or arb&co, grill, and a possible paintshop if you can't find the green... Did only the orvis have this green? How about the radiator? These things can add up fast...
Unread 06-13-2003, 07:11 AM   #28
MaineZJ

ARB has a bumper / grill guard that can whitstand a 70mph hit to a dear... pretty good if you ask me.
MaineZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2003, 08:37 AM   #29
KyBishop

Many uses and considerations.

Steel brush guards and steel rear bumpers have many advantages. I carry canoes and countless other objects on the roof, and these are great to tie off the front of roof loads. They also allow for winch options, tow hooks, fog/driving lights, CB antennas, high lift jacks and anything else you need to mount to good solid steel. I have also found them very usefull while working on the engine. A great place to stand and have full reach of the compartment. Also a good place to set your tools. Then forget them and drive off and wonder what that clanging noise is. It doesn't seem to improve my shade tree mechanics any though.

As far as the integrety of these things, I opt for the air bag compatable and the responsible design and tested ARB. Sorry, guys (and gals), I enjoy them but I am just not that attached to my vehicles. I'm much more attached to my wife, son and daughter and would much rather total my jeep than cripple or kill the occupants involved in any collision.
KyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2003, 08:59 AM   #30
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
How many accidents do you hear about on the news caused by females?

That would be like reporting that the sun came up ,or the sky is blue today....
Its notnews worthy if it happens all the time.
There are two reasons accidents with men iat fault are reported

1.) Because it is so rare. (LIke a solar eclipse or a meteor shower it is news worthy.)

2.) Because when men do cause an accident it is such a spectacular job (like Macy's thanksgiving day parade) that it becomes newsworthy..

See my point...

Dont report the birds singing.. You do report Mt. St. Hellens Erupting...
Simple as that...

BritBabe .. Dont get mad I am only pulling your chain....
I think its fine to let women drive.. I even bought my wife her own car..LOL.....OK I am kidding again..BUt you understand .......Right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.