So when I was at the junk yard.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > So when I was at the junk yard....

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Sublime69
1993 ZJ 

So when I was at the junk yard....

I noticed that every single ZJ (about 25-30 of them) had the center counsel ripped up.. I didnt noticed anything missing but obviously there is something of value under the center counsel. Anyone know what it could be?? Just found it weird that EVERY one of them had the counsel lifted up.

Sublime69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
04ovrland
2004 WJ 

the consoles are pretty rickety(SP) comparatively to other vehicles. they probably just wore out over time or something, there is nothing of value under the console, just your brake cable and shifting linkages.
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

The only thing that's under the center counsel is the airbag module.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime69 View Post
I noticed that every single ZJ (about 25-30 of them) had the center counsel ripped up.. I didnt noticed anything missing but obviously there is something of value under the center counsel. Anyone know what it could be?? Just found it weird that EVERY one of them had the counsel lifted up.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
syrus64209
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ
The only thing that's under the center counsel is the airbag module.......
Which is VERY valuable
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #553[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
syrus64209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
edpmedic
1995 ZJ 

Dam I wish I was back in Chicago. I can't find a used jeep of any kind in a yard. I use to live in Schiller park, Morton Grove, River Grove. I went to Triton Collage back in the 70's after I got out of the service
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Feel the Sunshine on your face
edpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

There's only one pick-a-part in Houston that I know of remotely close to me (20-30 mins) and it only has 7 or 8 ZJs...haven't seen any other type of jeep there oddly enough...maybe 1 or 2 XJs but no wranglers or any newer models.
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Share the info! Is it the one around 45N and 610?
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef86 View Post
Share the info! Is it the one around 45N and 610?
I actually bookmarked the link for prices its near 45 and West Road

http://www.lkqselfserve.com/FindaLoc...4/Default.aspx
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

I doubt it's for the airbag module, I can't hardly give one away and am pretty sure that's only 96-newer anyway.

Nobody is fixing these trucks once the bags go off. Even a nice one is totally totaled.
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #10
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Now what he said was..."chopper sick him" but what I heard was..."chopper, sick balls"
Unread 12-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

When I frequent salvage yards the first thing I search for is installed consoles. When found I grab any unspecified tool laying around or just use my boot and go to town to rip it out and destroy it. Its just something I have to do.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #12
rozco
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicewan
When I frequent salvage yards the first thing I search for is installed consoles. When found I grab any unspecified tool laying around or just use my boot and go to town to rip it out and destroy it. Its just something I have to do.
That made me laugh out loud

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #13
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

yup air bag module
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #14
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awww come on people. Has no one in here seen stand by me? I thought it was pretty clever for this thread.
Unread 12-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #15
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Pffft.....wrangler driver....lol.
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.